Grilled Filet Mignon Over Goat Cheese-Sweet Potato Puree
Get the grill out! Filet mignon is outstanding to cook with, but often the key is the pairing. Here, we paired ours with a creamy puree of grilled sweet potato and goat cheese, seasoned with wonderful pan roasted habanero peppers and garlic. Delicious!
- 2 6-ounce filet mignon steaks
- 1 large sweet potato, about 16 ounces
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons milk (use cream for a richer puree)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Jalapeno peppers for topping
- Olive oil spray as needed
- Preheat grill to 425 degrees.
- Season the filets with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Scrub sweet potato, then rinse and dry.
- Grill over indirect heat for about 50 minutes, or until sweet potato is cooked through and nice and soft. Cool slightly so you can handle it with your hands.
- While potato is cooling, heat a small pan to medium heat. Add a bit of oil and garlic and habanero. Cook about 1 minute.
- Slice the potato in half and scoop out the insides. Add them to a mixing bowl.
- To mixing bowl, add cooked garlic and habanero, along with goat cheese and milk. Mix well. You can use a blender or food processor for a smoother puree. Add more milk, also, if you’d like a thinner puree.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Grill the steak 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or to desired doneness. NOTE: Your cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the steak and any variation of the heat.
- While steak is grilling, lightly oil the jalapeno peppers and set onto the hot grill. Grill along with the steak and flip as needed, until skins are nicely charred.
- Set puree over two plates. Serve steaks over the puree, then top with halved jalapeno peppers!
Share This Habanero Recipe:
100+ Habanero Pepper Recipes
Jalapeno Poppers and
Other Stuffed Chili Peppers
Jalapeno Madness: Jalapeno Recipes Galore
250+ Jalapeno Pepper Recipes for Every Occasion!
Learn More | Order Here
See Our Other Cookbooks