Green Habanero Sauce Recipe
This sauce is spicy and slightly creamy. It makes for a wonderful pasta sauce.
- 6 habanero peppers, minced
- 1/2 pound Tomatillos, minced
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 8 ounces spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender and translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients except for chicken broth and sour cream.
- Cover 5 minutes. Stir.
- Add mixture to a blender along with chicken broth. Process until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream. Remove from heat. Read to serve!
Preserving Chili Peppers